I just upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 and enabled Media Sharing. My TV and other devices see the shared media and plays them well when I try. However, I cannot see the filename, only some stuff which I think part of the metadata of the files. For example, things like
English, Dutch or somethink like that. The following picture shows some these files when I browse them on the VLC Player:
I tried to find a soluion and found out that the DLNA server is something called Rygel. I tried the following: I edited
false. I, then deleted the
media-export.db file under
~/.cache/rygel/. Disabled and then enabled the Media Sharing. It did not make a difference.